Saturday, August 21, 2010

My Political Views

Political Views

   I consider myself  a moderate although I imagine many to the far left will view me as a far right nut.I do not feel that I am however. Actually I strongly oppose the views of the far right and the far left.I hold positions on both sides. On the left I support gay rights,oppose the death penalty,am prochoice.On the right I support a strong military but used responsibly. I support capitalism,free trade , and fiscal responsibility.

  While I believe government has an important role to play in many areas, I resent government intrusion into areas where it should not be.I believe that capitalistic forces will play-out the best when allowed freedom from too much government intervention.I believe that citizens of this country must take responsibility for there own actions and that these actions are a result of education,experience,family and faith influences and socioeconomic influences.

Of course I believe that we all have a right to our on opinions and to express them openly.The problem I see is that so many opinions are not always based on fact usually through a lack of understanding and this seems especially true when dealing with political issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment